Extinction Rebellion Scotland’s rebellion uses non-violent direct action to persuade governments to act justly on the climate emergency.
Our rebellion is founded on non-partisan principles and values. XR Scotland’s actions are done in full public view and we take responsibility for them.
Next UK Rebellion: The Big One
From 21 April 2023, 100,000 people will gather at the Houses of Parliament. Will you be there?
The Rebel Agreement
Anyone who takes action in the name of Extinction Rebellion Scotland must follow our core principles and values.
All Rebels are asked to follow our basic Agreements. They provide a basis for trust so that both Rebels and the public know what we can expect from each other.
- We show respect to everyone – to each other, the general public and to the government and police.
- We engage in no violence, physical or verbal, and carry no weapons.
- We hold ourselves accountable for our actions and do not hide from the legal consequences.
- We bring no alcohol or illegal drugs.
- We take responsibility for ourselves; we are all crew.
What’s Extinction Rebellion about?
Watch “Heading for Extinction” to find out more about the climate crisis and what you can do about it:
Climate change – the facts
Sir David Attenborough’s new documentary about the climate emergency and ecological collapse.
Keep in touch with our latest news and events. You can tell us whether you want to volunteer but don’t worry – you don’t need to sign up to any role unless you want to. You can also unsubscribe at any time
Sign up for our newsletters and other information by email. If you put your local area in when you sign up, you will get local information.