Our principles and values
Anyone who follows these core principles and values can take action in the name of Extinction Rebellion Scotland.
1. We have a shared vision of change
Creating a world that is fit for generations to come.
2. We set our mission on what is necessary
Mobilising 3.5% of the population to achieve system change – using ideas such as “Momentum-driven organising” to achieve this.
3. We need a regenerative culture
Creating a culture which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
4. We openly challenge ourselves and our toxic system
Leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
5. We value reflecting and learning
Following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learning from other movements and contexts as well as our own experiences.
6. We welcome everyone and every part of everyone
Working actively to create safer and more accessible spaces.
7. We actively mitigate for power
Breaking down hierarchies of power for more equitable participation.
8. We avoid blaming and shaming
We live in a toxic system, but no one individual is to blame.
9. We are a non-violent network
Using non-violent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
10. We are based on autonomy and decentralisation
We collectively create the structures we need to challenge power.
Keep in touch with our latest news and events. You can tell us whether you want to volunteer but don’t worry – you don’t need to sign up to any role unless you want to. You can also unsubscribe at any time
Sign up for our newsletters and other information by email. If you put your local area in when you sign up, you will get local information.